Thursday, March 26, 2009

techno(logy) viking

The other day while I was at work I was covering a class for a teacher who had a sudden (insert illness/attack/seizure here.) I had some down time because apparently they get an hour and a half to just "chill" so of course me being the nosy person I am I went through the book shelf that she has for the kids. With a yawn worthy selection of books I was fucking pumped to find she had The Giving Tree. I remember reading this book as a kid and feeling warm and fuzzy inside. I decided to re-read it and It's so sad, I dont know why I loved that book as a child. During my intense anxiety filled moment over the fact that the guy in the book is an asshole, I ended up losing my innocence.



This is the biggest picture I have ever seen, at least 5x5 (inches not feet) also (that's what she said). I was shocked, he's a beloved children s book author and illustrator, as soon as I saw that all I could imagine was Shel Silverstein asking someone if they'd like to party in his van down by the river.

My best friend tried to give me an explanation for this "It was the 80s, you have to ugly that shit up, the uglier the better."

So im going to hope for my sake, and the loss of my childhood that Shel was listening to some INXS had the flock of seagulls haircut going on and decided to shave that hair off, and ugly it up.

In other news, the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are is out and I AM PUMPED.



If this movie isn't amazing, I can just say goodbye to a crucial part of my childhood.

No comments: