Friday, February 8, 2008

meow mix meow mix please deliver

A few days ago I was confronted with the fact that I might be a jerk. I usually enjoy eating lunch by myself not just because im a social outcast but more so for the sheer fact that I like to surf the internet and read for my classes. I can't really do that when there are people surrounding me. Its not to say I don't enjoy the typical random person sitting with me or seeing an old friend and sequestering them for an hour.

Back to my story, so I'm walking into the Union when I see *RJ. Now *RJ I met last semester in a romantic literature class. One day I was casually ditching my math class and finishing up a paper due later in the day when he immediately sat down, admired my Animal Collective shirt and began to bother me for at least an hour. He didn't even leave when I took out my headphones and slowly sank down into my chair. I usually try to be cordial to the people I have for class especially when its the beginning of the semester. Im all for talking but this guy always chose the wrong times to speak to me and every time we'd talk he'd go into these long winded rants about the weirdest things. For example, one time he told me that if you flick the head of an erect penis it will no longer be erect. You might think no sane person starts a conversation that way but he did.

So obviously *RJ and I have this awkward relationship, by awkward I mean I avoid him at all costs and when I do see him I am usually "late" for something important. Anyways, so Im casually walking into the union about to buy a drink for lunch when I see RJ . Hopeful that I can avoid him I slowly but swiftly walk away into the crowd of people and grab a table in the back put on my headphones and pretend to do work. When out of nowhere RJ sees me, starts talking and when he sees I will not take off my headphones he makes the universal "take off your headphones I want to talk to you" sign. So I do and he asks if he can sit down (even though he's already sitting) and immediately starts to go on and on about his day. So somehow he gets into this conversation with himself about politics and he starts off with this long winded speech about how no one cares about politics because they don't really matter. During this entire speech all I can do is sing the Meow Mix Song.

So Im halfway through the second verse when he stops talking looks me straight in the eye and asks the crucial question "Do you get what I'm saying" at this point he could be talking about some sort of sex change he's contemplating and all I can say for sake of conversation is "Yes, sure, sounds like a great idea dude."


So now im left wondering what he actually said and wondering why in all the songs I could have sang or thought about, the only one that popped up is the Meow Mix song.

* Names have been changed to protect the innocent
* He really is as annoying as he sounds

No comments: